Tuesday, December 20, 2011

For my Second Life endeavors I struggled mostly with creating outfits and being able to switch back and forth between them easily. I believe I was saving things wrong or not accessing them the correct way, but I am now more comfortable with it after playing with it during the final. I struggled to get the blending of my neck and chest done well so I eventually put my avatar in a turtle neck to cover the lines. For my imaginary person I was going to create a black and white version of me, which you can see the beginning of in the first photo, but I struggled to make the skin white and black and look good. So I eventually went with making myself a lion. I made my booty very luscious, and played with the physics to make it jiggle every time I moved. I didn't quite realize how tall I made myself until we met in the group and I was standing next to the rest of the people. I wish I would have photoshop'ed my eyes better onto my grid so that I didn't have a double-eye creepy feature going on. I was very frustrated with this project at first, but once we met as a class I found it to be very fun and an enjoyable way to interact with art and classmates, and also a fun way to end the semester! 









1 comment:

  1. Haleigh,
    Interesting work throughout. Yes, Second Life is difficult but once you spend some time with it, as with any software, you get the hang of it! The basic Second Life avatar is likely more successful than the template version - a bit more effort was called for with this to get the eyes properly situated. I really like the idea of a black and white self - too bad you didn't continue with this! The lion is interesting, did you make this outfit? Nicely done if so. The shaking body parts were just hilarious! Glad you went into the physics a bit!

    joseph

    ReplyDelete